Friday, October 5, 2018

Snickerdoodle Martini

Who's ready for the weekend? I know I am.
I was browsing through my pinterest boards, specifically my Food and Drinks board, looking for something that seemed a little festive and in the spirit of the season. I came across this one, which I originally got from A Beautiful Mess, and thought it would be perfect. It's rich and creamy with a little bit of spice so it's sure to warm you up from those chilly autumn winds. Caution: if you are new to martinis, they are strong drinks and are meant to be sipped, not guzzled.


Here is what you'll need:
2 ounces of vodka
2 ounces of heavy whipping cream
1 ounce of amaretto
1/2 ounce of cinnamon schnapps



Put some ice in a martini shaker. Add all the ingredients and shake until the container is cold to the touch. A little confession here: I didn't use ice because we didn't have any and I don't like super cold drinks unless it's the middle of summer. I just added a little water to the glass at the end.
I know, to drink connoisseurs, this seems like sacrilege but honestly I am sort of new to making fancy drinks so please bear with me.



I know the ingredients says to use heavy cream but since I am trying to avoid dairy I used alomond milk instead. With this substitute, it won't be quite as thick or rich but it will still taste declicious.




Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and a star anise pod. If you clicked on my link to the A Beautiful Mess post you may notice that my version looks pinker than the original. I chalk that up to swapping out the heavy cream for the almond milk. Just in case you were wondering.



It's super easy to double up the recipe to make two drinks for sharing. It smells super yummy and tastes just as good and I'm telling ya it's got a little bite! Happy mixing!

please drink responsibly 

No comments: