Sunday, August 19, 2018

Summer Trip Back Home - Part 2

As promised I've come back with more details about my summer vacation. Since one of my favorite things to do on vacation is go shopping, I thought I would share some of the things I bought. It's mostly clothing cause I did make it to Hot Topic, which we don't have in Regina. It's one of my favorite places to shop and even though it's frowned upon by most goths, I like what they have so I shop there. Not everything I got is from there but most of my dresses and jewelry are and I'm ok with that.


This dress/tunic appeals to my bohemian tendencies as well as being super light and comfortable, which makes it perfect for summer.


This one looks like a dress but it's actually a vest with a ruffly tail/train thing. I just thought it was the coolest thing and I was looking for something with no sleeves, that was long but lightweight enough to wear in warmer weather. This fits all of those things and is probably my favorite thing that I bought.


I've had a thing for cactus lately so when I saw this shirt I knew that I had to have it.


Finally got a Ravenclaw shirt! I have been looking for one that didn't cost a ridiculous amount of money for a long time. Go, team Ravenclaw!





Found both the polka dot shorts and these jean cut offs at Target. I was needing some more shorts as the only pair I own were ones I have for work. Now I can be cool and comfortable no matter where I am.



These two dresses are from Hot Topic, one is polka dots and skulls and the other is stars and skulls. The big selling point for both of these dresses was that they have pockets. As anyone who has gone dress shopping before knows, finding one with pockets is nearly impossible so well done Hot Topic for having them.



I'm loving this batwing crystal and I don't even mind that the crystal is plastic, I wanted it for the batwings anyway.


I was super excited when I found these boots at Forever 21. They are exactly my aesthetic and I was needing new boots for the fall, too. Honestly, though, I have been wearing them pretty much everyday because I love them so much and they are pretty comfy. They are probably going to be my go-to shoe until the winter.


Who could not get excited about a solar system necklace? Now I have this and a necklace that is made up of the Star Wars universe. I'm just that kind of nerd.



My first pair of collar pins and I can't wait to wear them. Unfortunately, all my collared shirts are a little too warm for summer but fall is right around the corner.



Some new reading material. I haven't read any of these books before and the cover of the Penny Dreadfuls is so pretty I just had to take it home with me.



This Edward Gorey oracle deck was a gift from my aunt and I really kind of like it. I like how the images are so simple but still convey a real uneasiness and creepiness about them. It's going to be a fun deck to use.



Well, that is the bulk of my shopping booty. I tried to visit shops that I don't have access to here in Regina just because I feel like that's half the fun of shopping on vacation. You are more likely to get unique items that way, too. If there is anything you would like to know more about, leave a comment below. That's all for now!

No comments: