Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Plant Pressing

I think I may have mentioned flower pressing before on this blog but I've done a new batch since then. This time I pressed mostly leaves because, honestly, I find the leaves more aesthetically pleasing. Maybe that says more about my skills in pressing plants than anything else but I like what I like.

All the plants I pick come from my local area. I like to gather them on walks and bike rides. Sometimes I go out with the intention of gathering plants to press. Other times, something will catch my eye as I'm out and about. I'm thinking of maybe turning some of the better photos into prints that I could sell. Would any of you be interested in buying a mug or tote bag with one of my photos printed on it?




As you can see, there is quite the variety here in the prairie, everything from poplars to ferns and sagebrush and all manner of white, yellow and purple flowers. Elm trees are in abundance as well as evergreens. I wasn't sure of the name of every plant I gathered but I do have a book on Saskatchewan wayside flowers that is pretty helpful.







I love how in some leaves the veins become more prominent with the drying out process. You can really see the detail of the leaf's structure. One of these days I'm going to get a micro lens camera and take extreme close ups of EVERYTHING.

Thanks for dropping by, until next time. 

No comments: