Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Weird Wednesday - Aliens and UFOs

I know what you're thinking, that I've lost my mind. "Is she seriously going to talk about aliens and UFOs?" Yes, yes I am. This is a very hot topic in most paranormal circles and I am interested in all things paranormal.


Let me start off by saying that I was a huge X-Files fan when the show originally aired. I've started to re-watch the show and I still love it. The difference now is that instead of seeing the paranormal as a passive form of entertainment, I am taking an active role in learning more.



Since I don't have any first hand experience with aliens or UFOs, so some research was needed for this post. Naturally, the first place I went to was Week in Weird, as it is my paranormal hub on the internet. They have tons articles on this subject but the one I wanted to mention was about a man who found a photo on his phone of a UFO that he doesn't remember taking. Here is a link to the article if you would like to know more. 



Now a believer might immediately say, "Oh, this guy was abducted and the aliens wiped his memory." This is not unusual as memory loss is frequently reported with alien abduction. A skeptic, on the other hand, would probably shrug the whole thing off as a fake and say the guy was making it up.
I would consider myself and open minded skeptic on the topic of aliens and UFOs, or anything in the paranormal for that matter. I won't blindly accept any story that I am told but I'm not going to outright dismiss anything either. The problem with things like this is that the experiences are so subjective, they are near impossible to verify.

Even when looking at photos and videos, there is not enough clear cut information to be able to definitively decide one way or the other.

Personally, I definitely think there are things that we see and experiences we have that are not easily explained. Sometimes things happen to us that don't follow the logic of the universe as we know it. I find it interesting to see how different people choose to fill in those gaps in reasoning.
Do I believe in aliens and UFOs? I think the likelihood of these things existing is greater than not. What I do know is that it's fun trying to answer that question.


No comments: