Friday, August 11, 2017

The Catacombs-Playlist Review

Greetings and Salutations,
I wanted to write a quick post on a new playlist from The Belfry Network, under the Catacombs title. My first impression of the Catacombs 29 playlist is that I like it. There are lots of classic goth bands on this playlist, which is good news for me as I'm still catching up on classic goth bands. One of my favorite songs was Mirror People by Love and Rockets. It had the lyric "empire of the vampire" which I thought was delightfully cheesy and fun for a goth song. There was only one song there that I had actually heard before, which was Vision Thing by Sisters of Mercy.


Overall, I got the feeling that this was a bit of a nostalgic playlist so it had that easy feeling of being familiar and non-threatening. Unfortunately, DJ Gomez did not post a write up of the songs on this playlist so I've had to type them up myself (see below) but that's alright. I'm not going to say much else about the songs because I'm still very new to goth music and I'm still learning a lot so I am by no means an authority. I just thought it would be fun to briefly talk about and share a playlist that I really enjoy and I hope you like it too. Laters!


Rosetta Stone- The Witch
Danielle Dax- Cat House
The Sisters of Mercy-Vision Thing
Love and Rockets- Mirror People
Suspiria- Allegedly, Dancefloor Tragedy
The Jesus and Mary Chain- Coast to Coast
Die Laughing-Firedance
Paralysed Age- Bloodsucker
London After Midnight- Revenge
The Dense Society- Somewhere
Specimen- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Love Like Blood- Kiss and Tell
Nosferatu- Torturous

Here is the link to the playlist:
http://www.thebelfry.rip/blog/2017/8/3/mx90hec748g1e06zd2i031fgtkkado

No comments: