Thursday, November 17, 2016

Labrett Cemetery

These photos are already over a year old but I really like them. I wanted to get back into posting regularly again and I figured a post about a cemetery would be a good start. Labrett is a small town about 15 minute drive from where I live and it's nestled down in the valley, next to the river. Unfortunately, it was overcast that day so the lighting is not all that good but the headstones were interesting to look at. I especially liked these iron ones below. 




  Some are too worn and faded to really read anymore which just gives them a little more character in my mind. It gives you some idea how long this graveyard has been here. 



I am not a religious person but I find statues of angels beautiful and intriguing. Maybe it's because I really like the idea of being able to fly. Whenever I dream of flying I always have giant wings. 



I think I may try to take some pictures here during the winter. If you can manage to catch the right day, cemeteries in the wintertime are some of the neatest places. There tends to be lots of contrast, which I am fond of, which lends itself beautifully to black and white photos. What can I say, I love the simple drama of black and white photography. 

Anyway, that's all for now. Laters. 

No comments: