Wednesday, March 30, 2022

In The Studio: What I've been working on

 Just a quick little post today, showing what drawings and paintings I have been working on recently. I have been focused more on music so my visual art hasn't been very productive but I think that's alright. Inspiration for different things comes and goes in waves and its better to just ride the tide. When I do get around to drawing its usually either portraits or weird fantasy creatures both of which are really fun. All of these ideas I got from pinterest posts. Some of them I think I might turn into paintings.  


If you look through my Crafty Ideas board on Pinterest you will see the reference images I used for this painting and the drawings below. Especially where the paintings are concerned, I don't look to copy exactly what the original looked like. I'm more getting a feel for how the image was created, technically and compositionally. 


You may notice a recurring theme of feathers and antlers in my drawings and the reason for that is pretty simple; I really like the aesthetic of feathers and antlers. I find that the animals that possess these features have a certain regalness and elegance to them that is admirable. 


I know you can sort of see through to the drawings on the other side of the page but it's fine. These are just kind of like study sketches, nothing I would consider a final drawing. I really love this last drawing; I think it would be so cool to have a flying bunny as a pet.  

If fantasy is your sort of thing, what's one of your favorite creatures? Comment below. Laters!



No comments: