Sunday, February 20, 2022

What has been going on...

 It has been a while since I have posted anything and that has to do with LOTS of life stuff happening, including the pandemic, which have greatly taken up my time and attention. Since I have been thinking about my blog a lot lately I thought it would be prudent to post something about where I have been and what I have been doing. An important step in getting this blog active again is reassessing what my goals for the blog are, what do I want to accomplish with this platform. 

Previously, I had used this space as a sort of dumping ground for the creative endeavors that were going on in my life, like movies, art and food. There are aspects of that that I would like to continue, however, there are going to be some changes. For example, I would like to add posts about the new and exciting things that have come into my life in the last two years, like my new passion of learning to play musical instruments (yes I am learning more than one because I am like that). There are also going to be things that I take away like food posts because my relationship to food has changed so I am going to set that aside for now. 

So, what can you expect to see on this blog. There will still be posts about my art, movies I am watching, and road trip adventures. In addition, you can expect to see posts about music, both diary style entries about learning to play instruments and posts about bands I like, as well as paranormal curiosities. I was kind of starting to post about the paranormal with Weird Wednesdays but I definitely want to make that a reoccuring feature here. 

My ultimate goal with this blog is to share my life and the things I love with others who might enjoy the same things. With lockdowns and social distancing going on it can get real easy to feel isolated and lonely. I think a lot of us are craving human connection right now as we enter year three of the pandemic. I am not going to tell anyone what to do as far as mandates and such, everyone has to do what they feel is right for them, this is not a political blog. All I ask is that everyone be safe, kind and respectful. 

Thank you for stopping by and stay tuned for an updated look to the blog and of course new posts. Laters! 

No comments: