Saturday, April 28, 2018

New Stationary

Yes, I am one of those people that gets excited about stationary, don't judge. Yesterday, I did some birthday shopping and one of the things I wanted to do was get some shiny new materials for working on my blog. I was reading through some other blogs about how they get and stay organized and it inspired me to get my butt in gear. Luckily, my local dollar store has some really cute stuff so I got some great finds and I only spent about $10!
In order to keep from going too crazy and just buying all of the things, I made a list of the things that I was looking for. I actually managed to get everything on my list except for one item (a to do list pad) so I'm feeling pretty good about that. I checked at a few places for to do list pads but the kind that I'm looking for eluded me. All I want is a long narrow pad that says To Do at the top. Seems simple enough, right? Nope! Couldn't find one anywhere. Oh well, I'll make do with what I have now and look again later. 


I got some really cute stickers, these cactus ones are 3D, which is super cool. And I love the little owl guys. I like to use stickers to decorate my notebooks and sketchbooks as well as to help me organize my blog posts. I write out a post idea in my day planner and once I've written and posted it, it gets a sticker and that's how I know that it's done.



There is a bit of a cactus theme. I was definitely needing some more pens, I only had about two left in my pen case. I like to write things out in my notebook rather than going straight to the computer. It's probably because I grew up when personal computers weren't really a thing yet.





And more stickers because why not?
It's really worth checking out your local dollar store for things like this because you can find what you need without spending a fortune. It can be hit or miss but so far, my experience has been mostly on the positive side. I only bring it up because it seems like there is this feeling that you can only get cool stuff by shopping online and that's just not the case.
I would love to see any stationary that you guys feel like sharing. Please leave a comment below.

No comments: