Sunday, April 22, 2018

Beach Trash

So, it's finally looking like spring around here so I thought it would be nice to spend some time outside in the sunshine. One of my favorite things to do during the warmer months is to go to the beach and comb for treasure. I've been inspired by my favorite blog, The Dainty Squid, to pick up trash I find on the beach and then arrange it in an aesthetically pleasing way and take a photo. So, that's what I did.
Now, bear in mind that the beach I visit is in the middle of the Canadian prairie whereas the beach she visits is by the Great Lakes. I don't see a whole lot of the same type of interesting refuse, it's mostly beer cans and bits of broken glass, but there is the occasional odd item. I did the best I could since this is my first trip out for the year. I'm sure I will find more interesting things as the summer kicks in. But anyway, I wanted to share what I found as well as some other miscellaneous pictures of the beach itself. Enjoy!




It was super windy today so I had to wear my sweater hood up the whole time and my hands kept getting really cold. I will share the other magnificent treasures that I decided to keep in another post. These first two are of the ice melting away from the shore. A big chunk actually splashed into the water, scaring the shit out of me!



This is the main view from the beach, looking westward. This particular spot is really popular for fishing.


The pelicans are coming back!


Here are some views of the surface ice starting to melt. It was creating some really interesting patterns and ridges in the ice. Sadly, my camera phone can't get any better pictures than this but I think you get the idea.




It was a great day of foraging and it felt really nice to get outside and see the sights. Remember to check in to see the things I found to add to my collection of oddities, including rocks, shells, bits of bone and crab claws. Laters!

No comments: