Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day of the Dead

I have been wanting to take some photos in a cemetary for a long while now and I finally got it done yesterday. It was a perfect day for it; nice and sunny so the contrast between light and dark is exaggerated. This sets a brilliant mood for photographing headstones. These were some of the ones I found to be more engaging.



 Most of the headstones were made of concrete and stone but these ones were metal. Beautiful.


 I came upon a few of these that had photos of the occupants on them. I had never seen that before and thought it was rather interesting.



 A little black bird to keep me company.








There were some other really neat looking headstones and even a mausoleum. I'll have to get pictures of those for another post.
I just want to say that I mean no disrespect in posting pictures of peoples graves. I am simply admiring the beauty in death and taking the opportunity to reflect on life. May your day be blessed with beauty.

No comments: